Friday, October 30, 2009

Two Books Forward, Five Books Back

The good news is, I managed to finish reading two books last week. The bad news is, I bought five new ones when the daughter and I were in Peterborough yesterday. *sigh* And it’s not like I’m going to be having a lot of time to read in the next few weeks, NaNo starts at midnight on Saturday.

NaNoWriMo, or NaNo as it is often fondly called, is the National Novel Writing Month. The idea is to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. For those of you who’ve been living in a cave and have never heard about NaNoWriMo, you can check it out HERE and if you’d like to follow my NaNo progress, you can do so HERE.

* * * * * * * * * *

If I make it through the cold and flu season without coming down with something, it will be a miracle. I’m bracketed in the classroom by women who are coughing and hacking - one of them to the point where the teacher suggested that maybe they’d rather be at home, but they insisted on staying. The other one insists on keeping the door to the classroom closed so they can keep all the germs trapped inside. I am not impressed!

What is wrong with these Typhoid Marys that they find it necessary to spread their germs wherever they go? You’d think with all the media hype about the H1N1 they’d have more sense.

And remember that tooth I broke a few weeks ago? It chooses now to bother me. I cannot afford a dentist. Go away little toothache. Go away.

* * * * * * * * * *

Panda has decided that it’s cave season. And where does she prefer her cave to be made? In my chair in the living room. If I want to sit in my chair, then she’ll sit on top of me and I’d better be prepared to stay for the long haul. And if I’m mean enough to insist on having my lap top on my lap, I have to make sure it’s balanced on my knees in such a way that she can curl up in the cave underneath it. Good thing she’s such a small cat!

* * * * * * * * * *

On a happier note, did anyone catch the pink sunrise this morning? It was like seeing the world through rose coloured glasses - very inspiring!

No comments: