Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Walloping Wednesday

What is that stuff all over my car? It can't possibly be frost, not before the end of October! And it's frost that's heavy enough that I'm going to have to go out and warm up the car before school - unless I want to dig out my scraper and scrape it off. I'm sure when I got my car I ordered the frost-free model . . .

Next thing you know there'll be snow out there. Not that I mind driving in the snow, I just don't like having to scrape it off my car. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Panda the wonder cat, who has been eating canned food like it was invented just for her, only managed to gain an ounce over the long weekend.

Other than her lack of weight, you'd never know there's anything wrong with her. She's still as fiesty as ever, still queen of the castle. Right now she's sitting on the bookcase in my office taking the occassional stab at a leaf falling outside. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Finally had a chance to go through all those books the BFF gave me. Normally I'd go through them and read the blurbs on the back and divide them into "donate right away", "read and probably donate", and "read with an eye to keeping". The donate pile was always the biggest and the keeper pile was always the smallest.

However, this time, to my chagrin, the donate right away pile was much smaller than the read with an eye to keeping pile. By a lot. Either her taste in books is improving, or mine is broadening. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Do we dare suggest desperate.. :-)