Monday, October 19, 2009

Managing Monday

First off, I'd like to know, who stole my weekend?

It seems like Friday was just yesterday, and if that's the case, then where'd the rest of the weekend go? Okay, I know where last night went. Last night was spent trying to get my assignment done for school today. I did try and work on it earlier in the weekend, but I didn't get anywhere with it. And now I've just printed it off and realized I have no conclusion . . D'oh!

This is why this post has a time stamp for after school. I had to stop what I was doing and write a conclusion to my report. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

Panda continues to try and drive us insane. She has turned into Ms. Picky Pants when it comes to food, yet she complains that she’s hungry. If it were any of the other cats I’d say “screw it, they’ll eat when they’re hungry”. But this is Panda, whom we’ve already spent copious amounts of money on. And she’s been losing weight. And I really don’t want to have to go back to force feeding her.

She turned her pert little pink nose up at so much food over the weekend that we thought she’d prove to have lost weight again, but she held her own. Still at 6.2 pounds. After school today I bought a couple of the fish flavours of the Fancy Feast (which is not on the vet’s list but she likes it and any food is better than no food). When I got home from school I opened a can of the tuna flavour and she dug right in.

She was the husband’s little shadow yesterday. It was cute, she followed him around the house and shared his easy chair while he was watching television. Maybe she was trying to encourage him to suck it up and give her the Fancy Feast. :-)

* * * * * * * * * *

There was frost on my car again this morning. I had to dig out my scraper so I could get to school on time. I don't mind the cold, I just don't like having to clean off my car.

The one cool thing (no pun intended) about the frost covering everthing this morning was listening to the leaves fall. Our neighbourhood is very quiet, and you could hear the crackle of the leaves as they fell.

Guess this means that winter is on its way.

3 comments:

Ciara said...

AND, Frankie was born today!!!

graceunderpressure said...

Happy Birthday Frankie!

Hubby heard more than leaves falling.. he was sitting outside having his habitual smoke, when he heard a great thud and a branch from the birch tree came toppling down the roof, missed him and landed on the ground below my deck. =O

Carol, the cat slave said...

Welcome to the world, Frankie!