Wednesday, October 7, 2009

WTF Wednesday

I slept in today. Until 10:30! I still can't believe it.

*sigh*

It's my own fault really. I woke up at 8:30 and figured I'd "get up in a minute" only the minute turned into a couple of hours. And now I've had way too much sleep, which makes me feel worse than not enough. Serves me right for not getting up right away.

In my defense I might point out that I was up until 2 a.m. last night working on PowerPoint (when I should have been writing). In fact, that's pretty much all I did yesterday, work on PowerPoint. I worked on it before school, during school, and after school. The good news is that I'm caught up on all the classwork and chapter work. The bad news is, I didn't get anything else done.

There was so much information crammed into such a short time that the teacher didn't even bother going through the text book chapter by chapter - she just let us work at our own speed and took up the answers to the questions at the end of each chapter. About halfway through she didn't even bother doing that much and just gave us the answers.

Think I'm kidding about the amount of work? In a two week span we had to read a 550 page text book. At the end of each chapter there are between 6 and 8 presentations that need to be either modified or created. We had two quizzes and three assignments. We also have our presentation assignments (that we're seeing today)that need to be between 10 and 15 slides long and use a variety of stuff we've supposedly learned.

Oh, and the exam is tomorrow.

And to think I'd been looking forward to PowerPoint!

* * * * * * * * * *

Don't tell the vet but I'm cheating. He wanted me to go back to force-feeding Panda to get her to gain weight but I just couldn't bring myself to do that to her. I wondered, when she was refusing her treats, if she might be having a problem with her teeth. Although she'd turn her nose up at the vet approved treats she'd eat the Temptation treats, which are softer. She also ate some of the chicken we had the other night.

So, yesterday morning I cooked her up a piece of chicken and she gobbled it all down (no, I didn't give her the whole piece, but she had a respectable amount for a cat her size). So on my break at school I slipped up to the grocery store and bought a selection of chicken flavored Fancy Feast to see if she'd eat them.

Oh, yeah. She likes them all right. She ate a whole can yesterday and has already gone through half a can today. The vet's not going to be happy because it's not "approved" cat food bought from him, but if it helps her to gain weight I'm not going to worry too much. We'll see what happens when she gets weighed on Friday.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dumb question...has he checked her teeth and gums...maybe that is what is making her sick.

Becareful of the "non" medicated feed. My sister thought that she would cheat too...her fella got sick again...but his is a male problem..just a thought...

Carol, the cat slave said...

Yeah, I'm thinking she might have a problem with her teeth.

We've actually started mixing the store bought canned food with the vet approved canned food and she's gobbling it down just as fast.