Thursday, October 2, 2008

Baby It's Cold Outside!

It’s cold and I’m tired and cranky. Did I mention it’s cold? My number one kitty minion is mad at me because I’ve shut the windows. Hello cat, that’s one of the reasons I built the extra wide bookcase in my office, so you guys could still lounge and look out the window when it gets cold out. Did you really think that window was going to stay open all winter?

I am so tempted to turn the heat on, but we haven’t had the furnace serviced yet. If it didn’t mean opening the Door Of Death (aka the craft closet door) I would root around for some knitting needles and some wool to knit myself a pair of fingerless gloves. With matching slippers. And ear muffs.

Did I mention it was cold?

On the other hand, this is the perfect weather to curl up with a good book. My “to be read” bookcase is overflowing with books. Something needs to be done about this. I should start reading all these books, not letting them languish, collecting dust and cat hair. It’s my duty to read them. And once I’ve cleared out my “to be read” bookcase I’ll have plenty of room for . . . uh . . . more books!

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

:D cats in window!

Anonymous said...

I want fingerless gloves!!!!!