Sunday, October 19, 2008

It's Official

I finally had to turn the heat on last night. The frost was thick enough on my car this morning to require scraping (if I was going anywhere). It’s officially fall.

The leaves are still pretty nice, but not quite as good as they were last weekend. There’s a lot of them missing. In another couple of weeks they’ll just be a memory until next fall.

Yesterday I took the daughter to Port Huron to pick up her wedding dress. I swear, we spent more time at the border waiting to get into and out of the U.S. than we did in the U.S. But, the good news is, not only did the hot border guard let us back into Canada without paying duty on her dress, I got my potato peeler back!

Today I’d like to deal with a couple of the stacks of stuff I have piling up - folders and papers and notebooks. I also want to update my storage bin - the plastic bin I have to hold all my old files I don’t need close at hand, but can’t get rid of yet (tax forms, old bills, etc.) - and I’m going to gather all my miscellaneous files into another plastic bin. Right now they’re scattered all over the place.

Maybe by tacking the mess just a little at a time I'll eventually get the spare bedroom finished. Although the cats have been enjoying the pile of boxes stacked in the center of the room - more places to hide.

It would be nice if I had time to clean out my office supply cabinet (the cabinet I store all my paper, pens, binders, etc. in) but I’m not counting on it. I might, however, squeeze in some writing time though.

In otherwords, I’m planning a quiet day today, albeit a little on the domestic side.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

your potato peeler was in the States? lol!