Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Cam Again?

I’m not crazy. Just thought you’d like to know that.

I really did see snow flying yesterday, so did others. Many others. And today I had to go out to replenish my supply of gummi worms and I passed several cars that had snow on them, as in they had to scrape their cars off this morning!

*sigh* Guess it’s time to put away the patio furniture.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I get teased a lot because I love disaster movies. Dante’s Peak, Twister, Volcano, Deep Impact, Armageddon, Day After Tomorrow - I love them all. This led me to my very first web cam, the Volcano cam that’s trained on Mount St. Helens. I used to watch it faithfully and was sometimes rewarded by a wisp of smoke wafting up from the crater. Wouldn’t it be the coolest thing ever to be watching the volcano-cam and see the mountain erupt? Just sayin’ . . .

The thing I like about web cams is that it allows us to experience things we might never otherwise experience. I’m talking about the wild life cams (I’ve seen eagle, falcon, otter), ghost cams, UFO cams . . . so get your minds out of the gutter people!

My favorite web cam of all time has got to be the Africam. I can spend hours watching this. You have your choice of two views, the Nkorho Pan or the Elephant Plains. I like Nkorho. The camera is set up to watch a watering hole day and night. To date I have seen an elephant, rhinos, lots of different birds, gazelle, a herd of wildebeast, warthogs, some kind of fox, and today there were monkeys.

Hey! It beats waiting for the snow to start falling.

Check it out yourself here: Africam

2 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Sounds interesting. It is amazing what we can find now on the web, isn't it?

*Snow falling* I'm not ready for that yet. It's still beautiful where I live in Utah, and I am crossing my fingers it stays that way for a while. Ha, ha.

Love your new header.

graceunderpressure said...

you have to sign up.. *sigh* I'm all out of 'sign up'.. ;)