Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Updates

Looks like I have once again fallen behind in updating my happenings in progress. So here goes.

The Daughter's Jeep:
The daughter got a jeep. Two weeks later it was stolen. A week later it was found abandoned in a park. The damage was minimal - the lock on the driver's side was broken, as was the ignition; the interior was filled with mud and chicken wings. The good news was that her prescription sunglasses were still in it. The better news was the rental car she got to drive while her jeep was being fixed.

The Afghans:
The daughter's knitted blanket is done. It's kind of long and skinny, but it's so loosely knitted that it's easy to stretch in any shape you want. The heart afghan I was working on at work is 3/4 of the way done. I've been sewing it as I go along, and I have a few more white squares to do. I will post a picture when I'm done.

The Writing:
Ha! I bet you thought I was going to skip this one, didn't you? I'm just about finished the 1st person version of D.I.F. It was actually more fun to write than I expected, but it's a totally different story. My main character comes across as a much more likable person, more three dimensional. I can't wait to start the next version which will be the 1st and 3rd person.

The Cat Garden:
I planted sweet peas in an egg carton and 3 of the seeds sprouted. The leftover seeds I planted in the cats' garden and they're taking over. Which is good because pretty much the only other thing that's doing well is the Persian Cat Mint (which the cats don't seem to care for). As promised, here's the picture:




That's Dante checking out things from behind, and Julius attacking from the side. The purple thing in behind is the cat tree and off to the left, just out of the shot, is an indoor fountain. Like I said before, my cats aren't spoiled!

No comments: