Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Good Idea Gone Bad

Well, you can forget about the yogurt. While it's great soothing the burning in my stomach and slowing my metabolism down, I have found if my metabolism is slowed down too much I get cramps. Not the bring-me-to-my-knees kind I experienced in my youth, more like the grab-a-butcher-knife-and-gouge-out-my-stomach kind.

So, it's back to being uber vigilant about what goes into my mouth. For now at least. Once I'm off next week I'm going to park myself in my doctor's office until they fix me. I really can't see going back to school or starting a new job while I've still got my mystery gastric problem.

It's getting harder and harder to drag my sorry butt into work. I've been feeling so crappy lately that the temptation to call in sick is hard to resist, but I've missed two days off the last two paycheques and Mastercard and Visa are not all that understanding when you miss a payment . . . or two.

They cut back the number of sales queues we have access to so it's really slow. Not that those of us who have been terminated feel any great need to give it our all. Let's just say we've been taking a lot of breaks.

Two of the Terminatees have been job searching on-line and got their paperwork for unemployment filled out. Myself, I'm taking the opportunity to read. Right now I'm reading Moby Dick on-line. I'm at page 132, just at the part that Captain Jean-Luc Picard quoted in the Star Trek movie First Contact:

He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it.

It sounded much better coming from Jean-Luc.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What is the doctor doing about this? They just cant leave you...kb