Sunday, April 13, 2008

Ponderings

This was actually going to be titled "rainy day ponderings", but that was when I was prepared to update yesterday (which was a rainy day). Today was sunny, for the most part, although it appears to have clouded over now.

Pet peeve of the month: publishers who re-release books I already have, but with zippy new covers that make it look like a new book. I get all excited when I see a new book by a favorite author, but then I read the blurb on the back and realize I already have this book. Grr!

I have decided it is not easy to get into a writerly frame of mind during a rainy week when you're feeling like crap. I didn' last long on the pills my doctor prescribed for my digestive problem - they made things worse, not better. Can't wait until I see the internist at the end of the month. I'm tired of not knowing what's wrong with me.

Speaking of tired of not knowing, still no word on my accommodation for work. I don't know why they're dragging their heels - there's 4 people in Owen Sound who've been accommodated . . . Hopefully there will be some sort of word before I go on vacation (the week of the 21st).

Oh, I just thought another peevish thought. Why are we still paying Canadian prices for books??? One book alone had a $4 difference in price! I think I'm going to have to start buying on-line. Screw Chapters!

No comments: