Monday, April 7, 2008

Point of View, Part Deux

Yes, I know I said I'd update yesterday. I'd like to say that's because I was too busy writing, but that's not the case.

After much deliberation, I've taken the first 50 pages of Driving Into Forever and I'm going to try writing it from different points of view. I know this seems like a lot of work (yeah, I agree) and perhaps even counterproductive (I disagree), I think it will ultimately help me find my writer's voice. You know, that little thing that pulls you along through the story.

When I'm done, I'll have 4 versions of the first 50 pages. One in third person, the way I've started out; one in first person, from my heroine's point of view; one in the first person, alternating the heroine and hero's point of view; and one in both first person and third person.

Sounds crazy? Yeah, I agree. But I'm hoping I can lay this whole point of view question to rest, once and for all.

No comments: