Thursday, April 24, 2008

Home Again, Home Again - Hot Diggity Dog!

My three days in Hamilton went a lot better than I expected. My sisters and I did a lot of shopping, a little visiting, and generally a good time was had by all.

Day One: It was lunch time when I arrived. Sister number one had just come off a night shift so she was sleeping. Sister number two and I walked up to Tim Horton's and met our Aunt there for lunch. Sister number one joined us there (eventually)and after our Aunt left we went on a shopping marathon. These women are hard core shoppers. They have LISTS!

Day Two: The birds started chirping at 4:30 a.m. We finally gave up trying to sleep around 6 a.m. The Bay had Crocs on sale for 30% off, which is why we went a little Croc Crazy. Other than the Crocs we did more looking than buying on our marathon shopping trips. We had more fun just getting out and seeing stuff than actually buying. I got to meet their travelling buddies at a dinner one of the ladies was hosting and hear about the many interesting places these ladies have been.

Day Three: Up again around 6 a.m. What is it with these damn birds? There was a lot of driving, but it was still a nice day. After picking up the daughter and the daughter's fiance in London, we scouted out a garden for their wedding. It was really beautiful - I think we found a winner. Dinner at my sister's house and then it was back to London and then home.

It is so tempting, now that I'm home, to just relax and take it easy, but I've still got a lot of stuff to do on my mental list.

No comments: