Saturday, April 5, 2008

On the Road Again

You know the road I'm talking about. The one that's paved with good intentions.

It's been awhile since I've done some serious writing on the weekend so I figured this weekend I concentrate on my writing.

I got up, unplugged the lap top from the living room and brought it into my nice clean office. Then I spotted a present I'd bought for a sick friend, so I had to find something to wrap it in. The plastic bin with the wrapping paper is still in the spare bedroom, but I always intended to keep it in my office, so I had to find a home for it (on the desk that used to hold my Lexmark printer).

Then I had to move the toner cartridge off my desk, so I had to uncover the laser printer and find homes for all the junk on top of it (including a small, broken HP printer). A quick search failed to locate the software for the laser printer, so I can't install it on my lap top. I wonder how long toner lasts once it's shoved into the printer? I haven't used the laser printer in over a year and it's got 3 other colours of toner in it . . . Just to be on the safe side, I'm not opening the black toner until I've found the installation software.

Next I went into the kitchen for a glass of water and cleaned out the cupboard that had the cereal and crackers in it. I'm not even sure why I opened the cupboard in the first place. We're talking many partial boxes of crackers. There must have been a sale around Christmas . . . And yes, Crazynance, I broke down each and every box so they could go in the recycling!

Finally, I got my glass of water and here I am.

You see what I'm up against?

Okay, no more excuses. I'll post again tomorrow with a progress report.

No comments: