Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pajama Day

I got a fair amount of writing done on the weekend, which was a good thing because I was so sick Sunday night that I took Monday off from work.

Monday I was actually feeling better and I probably could have gone in to work, but I'd already called in sick so I decided to have a couch potato day. Or maybe that should be chair potato 'cause I mostly stayed in the easy chair all day - in my pajamas no less.

I think a pajama day every once in a while is good for you. No stress, no worries, just complete and utter nothingness. I napped a bit, read a lot, and watched a really good movie I might otherwise have missed. It was great.

But today it was back to reality, meaning work. The four of us asking for an accommodation received a letter telling us that we have a temporary accommodation until May 31, provided we sign a paper saying they can send us home without pay any time the chat is slow. It's been slow a lot lately.

There are about sixteen phone reps doing chat because the phones are slow. If chat is slow as well, we'd get sent home and they'd get to stay. What's wrong with this picture?

Is it too soon for another pajama day?

No comments: