Monday, October 29, 2007

Learning Curve

I have learned two things about my writing this week.

First, I cannot write sex scenes when there is anyone else in the house.

Second, my daughter is a more dedicated writer than I am.

Earlier in the week we were sitting in the living room watching America's Next Top Model. We both had our lap tops out, we both had the urge to write. It went something like this:

Her: plinkety plinkety plink plink plinkety plink
Me: tap tappa pause pause tap
Her: plinka plinka plinka plink plink plinkety
Me: tap tap pause tap pause delete delete delete

The end result:
Her: I only got ten pages done.
Me: Shut up and pass me the chips.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. you shouldn't write sex scenes. You're my mom and it's Wrong!!!

2. I'm sorry, i can write when you're not home?

Carol, the cat slave said...

1. Sorry toots, talk to the characters, they're the ones who have the itch to scratch.

2. Of course you can write whe I'm home. The point I was making is how lame I'm being and how good you're being.

P.S. Fishy, fishy, fishy!