Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Believe

Do you believe in reincarnation?

I most certainly do. I don't just believe, I know I've lived previous lives. I think it's more arrogant to believe that this is all there is, or that once our time here is done we'll end up in some magical paradise.

That being said, I also think it's ridiculous for those who do believe to assume that in a past life they were always someone important - a king or queen, someone of political or historic importance.

Have you ever met someone that you've either been instantly friends with, or taken an instant dislike to? It's very possible you knew them well in a previous life and there's a good reason for your reaction to them in this life. The same can be true for many of our phobias that seem to have no basis for fear.


I believe that in one of my past lives I either starved to death or watched as my family starved to death (or maybe both). I think this is why I have such a fear of someone going hungry in my house. I make too much at mealtimes, stock up on too much food when I grocery shop, and I like to stockpile.

I also believe that I was on the Titanic, probably in steerage, when it sank. I've always had a fear of drowning, although I'm not afraid of the water itself. When I was little we used to have big ships docking at our harbour and I was always terrified of them. And I used to have to drive along a stretch of road that wound along beside a river when I'd go to visit a friend and I was always afraid of driving off into the river and drowning.

So, as Muldar would say, I believe.

No comments: