Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sex in the First

I was hoping to have a poem for the new moon, but it’s been a busy week.

My other writing hasn’t been going well lately either. Have you ever noticed that the more time you have on your hands the less you seem to accomplish?

Okay, I’ll admit it. Part of my problem is that I’ve reached that part of my re-write (of DIF) where my characters have their first encounter of the sexual kind. Which is why I’ve become a champion on-line Mah Jong player and have even beaten the daughter twice at bowling buddies on Facebook.

As you recall, I’m trying on the first person point of view to see how it fits. It was fitting just fine, thank you, until my characters decided to get “friendly”. Writing a sex scene (even if it is just a close encounter to sex) apparently takes me out of my comfort zone when it comes to the first person. I have no problem writing about sex in the third person. Well, maybe just a little problem. If I had no problems at all writing sex scenes I’d write erotica and start making some money. But I digress.

The way I look at it, I have two choices. I can either get over myself and just do it, or go back to writing in the third person. But not tonight, honey. I have a headache.

No comments: