Tuesday, August 26, 2008

This 'N That

There’s nothing worse (to someone who lives vicariously through the blogging of others) than clicking on a blog you read on a regular basis and finding it hasn’t been updated. This used to annoy me a lot. Not so much anymore now that I’ve turned into one of those bloggers.

I applaud those who are able to update on a daily basis. I admire those who update more than a couple of times a week. And I understand those who are barely able to update once a week. Sometimes you just don’t have anything to say.

Still, I feel the need to post. And, for a change, I’m posting something nice that happened today (as opposed to my usual whiney complaints).

Usually when my phone comes up “unknown name” I let the machine get it because nine times out of ten it’s a telemarketer or bill collector. However, my husband’s Aunt phoned the other day and her number comes up as unknown. Unfortunately, she didn’t leave her number with her message so I’ve been waiting for her to call back. So, when the phone rang today with the message “unknown name” I picked it up.

Just my luck, it was one of my credit card companies wanting to know why I was being such a deadbeat. I explained my sorry state of financial affairs and the very nice lady took a look at my account to see what we could work out. Apparently, I have insurance on my credit card so that if I lose my job they will make my credit card payments for up to two years (or until I get another job). No wonder this one was accruing charges faster than the other one. I’ve been paying $60 a month for this for a few years now.

I’m sure this bit of good luck has nothing to do with returning the money frog to the book case (see previous post).

No comments: