Monday, January 21, 2008

WTF!?!

Okay, I want to know what happened to all that "good luck" that was supposed be be headed my way? Today was certainly not an example of good luck. In fact, the expression if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all comes to mind.

The customers today were getting a jump on the full moon. Everybody wanted discontinued promotions, and when they couldn't have them they kept chatting anyway, jacking up my chat time. At least I didn't get the woman who chatted in to technical support asking how she could meet people. I kid you not.

My longest chat of the day came just before quitting time. I was 20 minutes late leaving. But I made it to the railway crossing just in time for a humongously long freight train that was inching along the tracks. When it came to a complete stop I turned around and cut through the industrial park. When I got back onto the road on the other side of the tracks the train was still sitting there!

I got supper made just under the wire and sent the husband off to bowl. Then I decided to check out what I've been missing on the internet. Oh, did I forget to mention I couldn't get onto the internet yesterday?

Remembering my cognitive therapy I turned a negative into a positive. Instead of looking at it as not being able to surf from the living room, I looked at it as not being able to fritter my time away on the internet when I should be writing. And lo and behold, I got some writing done. Not a lot, but more than I've done lately.

Tonight I came down to my office and plugged directly into the lap top. Still no internet.

No biggie, I used to work tech support. I powercycled. No connection. I checked my settings - everything was perfect. No connection. I checked the cables to make sure everything was plugged in tightly. No connection. I bypassed the router and plugged directly into the modem. No connection. As a last resort I switched ethernet cables (no mean feat in itself as it involved crawling around under the dark, cat-hair filled desk). Finally, I got a connection.

Why am I hearing the Beach Boys singing ". . .let's go surfing now . . ." in my head?

No comments: