Sunday, January 27, 2008

Serious Sunday

I think I need to come up with themes for the various days of the week. I haven't posted since Tuesday, but that's because I haven't really been doing anything exciting. Maybe having a theme for each day would help inspire me.

I woke up today in time to enjoy a thick, but softly falling, snow. It's sunny now so it's probably going to melt away, but it was really beautiful at the time. I find that my mood for the day tends to be set within the first hour or so of getting up. So today colour my mood good.

The writing is . . . going. I can't say it's going really well, but it is going. I've been working on Driving Into Forever, doing some serious editing. So far I've added about 1,000 words to it. One thousand down, nineteen thousand to go.

One thing that is really helping with the writing, I figured out how to disable the touch plate on my laptop. In theory the touch plate is a good idea. However, it's centered just below the keyboard and my thumbs keep dropping down and accidentally hitting it. I'll be typing away and then suddenly I'm typing in a completely different place. It's like the cursor had a mind of it's own. Now, we're good to go.

No comments: