Sunday, January 13, 2008

Stuff

I'll let you in on a little secret. I have been totally off my medication since before Christmas.

It probably wasn't the smartest thing to do, going off my meds right before the season of high stress, and right before I changed to a day shift, but I'm not sorry I did it.

My doctor and I had discussed me going off my meds in the summer time, or at least cutting back on them, but every time I tried bad things would happen. But this fall I started feeling more depressed. The medication wasn't doing its job any more, so why keep taking it?

I have a prescription for a different medication, but I haven't filled it yet. I'm feeling better than I have in a long time. The best part is, I'm getting the urge to write again.

I was in London this weekend visiting the Kids (the daughter and the daughter's boyfriend) and on the way home I got an idea for a new story. Three hours on the 401 gives you lots of time to think, and by the time I got home I had it all worked out from start to finish.

Go me!

No comments: