Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thunder

Where's my thunder storm? This is the second time I've been promised a storm and it passed me by. I thought for sure tonight we were going to get one. It started to get really windy, the clouds started rolling in, and then . . .
. . . nothing.

Not only do we need the rain, we need the relief from the heat. It's okay during the day when I'm at work, but it's just a tad warm at home lately. And I'm starting to notice when the air quality is bad - as in I sometimes have a bit of trouble breathing.

My writing right now is kind of like the weather. All good intentions and little action. In my head I get a build up of actually getting some work done, but then I don't get right on it and the feeling goes away.

Hopefully I'm going to start making headway on the re-writes of Driving Into Forever next week while I'm on holidays.

Holidays. What a beautiful word! Maybe if there's a break in my writing there'll be a break in the weather. Or vice versa. If not, that's the beauty of a lap top. I can just take it downstairs where it's cooler. Or outside. Or to the Mall if I have to!

No comments: