Saturday, July 5, 2008

There's That Road Again!

You know the road I'm talking about. And where it leads. And what it's paved with.

Just when I'm getting in a writerly frame of mind, paper and pencil in hand, headed out the door to the great outdoors, I get a two hour warning that my sister is coming to visit. Argh!

Don't get me wrong. I love my sister, really, but still . . .

We're not as close as she thinks we are. It's not that we don't try, it's just that we're two very different people and she has all these pre-conceived notions about me. There's ten years difference in our ages and even our childhood memories are very different. There was a lot of water that went under the bridge between her childhood and mine. And turbulent water at that.

That's not to say we didn't have a good visit. We went to the movies one night, and the next day we went down to the waterfront. We had frozen yogurt, went for a long walk, and finished up with funnel cake (that almost finished us up).

I was able to jot down a few notes under my tree before she arrived, and a few more while she was here, but I'll have to wait until my next post to see what they amount to.

No comments: