Sunday, July 20, 2008

Rainy Day

It's been raining steadily for the last couple of hours, with no sign of letting up any time soon. I was going to offer up a quiz for your entertainment, however having searched for the last hour I am having no luck at finding one that offers the html coding so that it will appear on my blog.

I ask you, what good is a quiz without the cool picture in the results to encourage others to take the quiz?

As I was waking up yesterday morning, I had an epiphany where DIF is concerned. But as usual with these things I had no time to work on it because it was off to Hamilton for my Aunt's 80th birthday party (thunderstorms outside, un-air-conditioned church hall inside, but that's a story for another time).

Still being in my Charles de Lint phase, I couldn't help but realize the current book I'm reading was written in both the first and the third person point of view, depending on which character the story was focusing on. While this works quite well for him, I'm not sure that it would work for me.

I don't know why I'm so resistant to the whole first person thing. I'm sure I have reasons, they're just not very clear to me right now. However, I started thinking about first person from two different perspectives and I think that might just work for DIF. I can't say that I've ever read a romance done this way, but that doesn't mean it can't be done.

So, I'm taking a deep breath and starting from scratch with DIF. And when I start suffering from first person overload, I've still got Changeling to work on.

No comments: