Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lesson Learned

So, I was checking out the kitchen a couple of nights ago for a snack to include in my lunch for work and I came across a box of Joe Louis in the cupboard. These, for the uninformed, are flat, round, cake-like snacks with cream filling and covered in chocolate. Perfect for a late night snack. So I threw one into my lunch.

Fast forward to 4:30 a.m. Which is my work lunch time. I eat my sandwich and my clementine, and now it's time for desert. I unwrap my chocolaty treat and take a big bite.

Wait a minute, this doesn't taste right. I finish chewing and swallow. Why do I have this incredibly bad taste in my mouth? I look at the Joe Louie I'd just taken a bite out of and the first thing I noticed was the creamy white filling was pink. The second thing I noticed was the faint fuzziness around the edges.

Joe Louis are not supposed to be fuzzy. Or have pink filling.

Lesson learned. Don't eat snacks that you don't know how long have been kicking around for.

Excuse me while I go clean out my cupboard.

No comments: