Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Miracle

So, yesterday we drove to Quinte Mall (about 45 minutes to the East)to knock off as much of the remaining Christmas shopping as we could. The miracle was not that we finished our shopping, although we did come close, the miracle was finding a parking place about 5 cars up from the main mall entrance. Trust me, it's a huge lot and people were parking in places I didn't think possible to park in.

We also got up there and back without hitting the Big Storm everyone has been anticipating for the last few days. Well, everyone but me that is.

I like snowstorms. If it has to be winter, I want snow and lots of it. For the last few days there were dire predictions of a major winter storm heading our way. Every time time someone mentioned it the amount of snow we were supposed to get increased. I stopped listening after the prediction reached 60 centimetres.

Call me cynical, but I've heard it all before. And I've been disappointed when buses are cancelled and schools closed and we end up with nary a flake in sight. Mostly the bad weather skips over us or goes right out over Lake Ontario.

That being said, we did get snow today. Not nearly as much as predicted, but the wind is blowing it around pretty good making it look worse than it is.

We'll need a lot more before I'll be satisfied.

No comments: