Sunday, December 30, 2007

Cheese Please!

Could I get a little cheese over here to go with all the whine I've been getting lately?

"Dad's being mean."

"If we have to go to Hamilton to visit your sister and take the kids to London on the same day that's over 11 hours of driving."

"Boyfriend ate my crackers and drank my diet Pepsi."

"Why do we have to visit nephew and new great-nephew when we take the kids to London?"

"Why can't you spend the night here and they can pick you up on the way to London tomorrow?"

The last one was from my sisters and it was actually pretty nice. Surprisingly nice really. They wanted me to stay the night in Hamilton so we could have a sisterly bonding time.

Husband was grumpier than a bear rousted from hibernation and even though sister #1 had him grudgingly agree, in the end I decided it wasn't a good idea. Yeah, I might have had fun for a single night, but I'd have to put up with his pissy mood for the next week. Plus I didn't think it was fair that the daughter and the daughter's boyfriend would have to put up with his even pissier mood if I'd stayed.

So, in the end it was decided that we'd have a sisterly bonding adventure in April.

Husband's mood improved greatly once he'd eaten supper.

Mental note, make sure husband is well fed at all times tomorrow when we make the final move of daughter, daughter's boyfriend and daughter's cats to London.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

A plate with selection of brie, colby, white cheddar. Some grapes, and slices of pear. Crackers are sliced baguette toast, vegetable thins, and water crackers. A bowl of nuts and dried fruits in the center. Keep this handy for Husbandus Grumperae at all times. ^_^