Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Happy Boxing Day!

I hope everyone's Christmas was both Holly and Jolly. Mine veered a little towards the stressful and tiring, but it was still good.

The tree is still upright, no thanks to Oliver. The first time he climbed it I took pictures. Second time, I just pulled him out and set him on the floor. Third time, I spanked his little butt. Fourth time, I spanked a little harder. Fifth time I pulled him out by the scruff of his neck AND smacked his little butt. Sixth time he went for a time-out in the spare bedroom. So far there hasn't been a seventh time.

I cannot believe how quickly he's adjusted to living here. Okay, adjusting took two days, now he's in charge. It doesn't matter how often the big cats hiss at him, he wants to play, and play he will! They mostly hide from him.

Between his fearlessness and feistiness he seems to be the perfect companion for Sammie. Apparently she thinks so too because she's starting to play with him. Finally, someone who likes to play chase!

It's a Christmas miracle.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

just a few cats away from 37! hahaha