Monday, July 9, 2007

Day 2

Okay, let's be honest here. Don't expect me to post every single day of the Challenge. It's going to get way to annoying, for all of us.

I'm finding it's much easier to produce 4 pages than 850 words in a single day. I've got my beginning down, and I have a vague idea where I'm going with this, but I think I'm going to have to take a couple of days to get at least a bare outline worked out.

What works best for me is to list everything I want to happen (or think should happen) in my story, in whatever order the ideas come to me. Then I take index cards and write out a brief summary of each of these ideas, or scenes. Finally, I spread out the index cards on the dining room table and decide what order they should go in. That's my outline.

The beauty of it is it's not carved in stone. If I need to I can add or take away cards, or move them around.

The good news is, I already know how it's going to end.

No comments: