Saturday, July 7, 2007

Committed

Last year when I was floundering with my writing, I signed up for the NaNoWriMo challenge where the idea was to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. I fell short of the challenge but found it was a great boost to my writing.

I've been feeling in need of another boost lately, and whilst surfing the net I came across the 70 Days of Sweat challenge. This challenge, obviously, takes place over 70 days and you can write between 60 and 100 thousand words during that time. Even at the maximum it's still giving you more time than NaNo did.

So call me crazy, but I signed up.

It's time I was more committed to my writing. Or maybe I should be committed. Something like that.

In other news, I have wheels again! It's back to the cube farm next week and I needed a ride, so the insurance is paying for a loaner for me. It's a 2007, shiny red Impala. Sweet! But it's so new and pretty I'm afraid to drive it. And God forbid I should have to park it at No Frills or Wal-Mart - people in those parking lots are insane!

2 comments:

graceunderpressure said...

I have a better name: 60K in 70days.
And I freakin' love what I've read so far. So FAAAAARRR< hint hint >
Keep writing, this stuff is bril!

Unknown said...

You're not crazy. It's incredibly empowering to make a big commitment like this and follow through. There's a whole bunch of us to support you each step of the way, so just take a deep breath and dive in. Here's all my good wishes!