Saturday, April 28, 2007

Sick

It's a sickness I tell you!

There I was sitting around whining about being so broke I'd have to start working overtime again and what do I do?

Well, first it was Avon Friday. Avon Friday occurs every second or third Friday at work when the Avon order comes in. And with that order comes a new catalogue.

Catalogue shopping is way too easy. The slick pages are filled with many tempting shiny things. I have been trying to cut back but . . .

I have a pair of shoes that are still wrapped in plastic, as is the purse I got three orders ago. This week is was a set of wind chimes that have coloured lights in them to simulate fibre optics.

Then I made a trip to the dollar store to buy batteries for the simulated fibre optic lights, and also picked up a funny plaque for the wall and a booklite. My second booklite in less than a month. And no, there's nothing wrong with the first one, this one was just smaller and cuter, that's all.

I needed some junk food on Friday after work and got side tracked by a little book store I hadn't visited in quite a while. I couldn't resist picking up three books by three of my favorite authors. And today when I stopped at the pharmacy to buy my lottery tickets I couldn't help but notice another couple of books by yet another pair of favorite authors . . .

This spending money on trinkets and books - it's a sickness I tell you!

No comments: