Monday, April 23, 2007

Distractions

There is one serious drawback in working in a paperless office. When I get a really good idea I can't write it down. I can't even type it out and e-mail it to myself - we can't e-mail outside of the office. And of course I get my best ideas at work!

Somewhere in the murky depths of my brain are the makings for two poems and a few ideas for some of the setting problems in Lost and Found. I've been sitting here for the last hour trying to retrieve these ideas but no luck.

Of course some of it may have to do with sitting in the living room with the lap top instead of in my office. And part of it may have been the need to finish yet another book. AND part of it may be the way I keep getting distracted by Dancing With the Stars. Aren't there any Beatles fans out there? Stop voting for Heather!

In my defense, I did try to get some useful writing done after work. But we had an awesome thunderstorm - sheets of rain, high winds, the whole sheebang - and I have a lot of windows from which to watch it from.

Have I mentioned I get distracted easily?

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

Get a mini notepad and pencil but just a little one like we used in brownies. Ya know the little spiral jobbies? keep it in your purse or pocket [or bra] and run to the loo when you get an idea~! But don't tell anyone it was my suggestion, cuz I'll deny it!