Sunday, March 11, 2007

Singing the Blues

The good news is, my shredder is still working. But it needs a rest after each bag it fills. Quite frankly, by that time I need a rest too - shredding is boring work.

I am seriously considering working 2:30 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. with Friday, Saturday and Sunday off. Right now my shift is 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (although I've been working from 6 to 4:30 for the overtime) with weekends off.

Why would I consider such a change? Well, right now I come home from work and I'm so mentally and emotionally drained that I all I want to do is veg. I'm thinking that maybe I can "get things done" in the morning, before work, and then I'd have that extra day off too. I don't know . . . maybe now that the time's changed and it's daylight longer I might find myself a little more motivated. I have until Friday to decide.

Back to the blues . . . I had a really nice morning. I had a friend and her hubby over for coffee and we had a really nice visit. I used to work with her (she got a better job, the lucky duck) and I can't tell you how much I miss her. She's just one of those rare people that you connect with instantly and then it's like you've been friends forever.

So I was a little bummed out after they left. You know, feeling lonely and sorry for myself. That's what I get for listening to Elton John while I'm shredding.

No comments: