Sunday, March 18, 2007

Shredding Fool

I don't know who I thought I was kidding. With all the overtime I've been doing did I seriously think I was going to get oodles of work done in my office? I got some work done, yes, but it's far from finish still.

Part of the reason is I'm such a flaming pack rat! I started to go through my writing files to put them away, and you would not believe the amount of paper! I saved every version, every note, and they all went into humongous files. Gah! No wonder I can never find anything.

So a great part of my free time this week was spent going through my writing files. The files that went back into the drawer have no more than two versions of the same story, and any important notes pertaining to said story. For the novel length ideas I saved only the most current information in the files for the drawers, and all the notes, rough copies, etc. have been banished to storage. This has left me with another two bags full of shredded paper.

Slowly, but surely, the mountain of "stuff" is being reduced. But the best news is, I'm sitting at my desk to type this entry. AND I've just spent the last few hours writing at my desk. Feels good. Feels real good!

No comments: