Thursday, March 8, 2007

Recycling . . . PHOOEY!

I remember when they built the recycling plant to service our town. It was great. Not only could we suddenly recycle just about everything, but we didn't even have to separate it any more. Just toss it all in one bag.

Well, things change. Suddenly, without warning, the town got picky about what could be recycled. AND it had to be sorted.

Now, what brought this rant on, was the fact that one of the changes to our recycling process was that they'll only take paper if it's shredded. Being a conscientious sort of person, I dutifully gathered up all the paper meant for recycling and tonight I started to shred it.

Shredded paper takes up a hell of a lot more space than non-shredded paper. I have filled an over sized, clear plastic recycling bag with shredded paper. And I haven't even emptied one of the plastic grocery bags I filled with paper culled from my files. AND I think I burned out the motor on my shredder.

On the plus side, I've got the furniture in my office arranged the way I wanted and I get a real good feeling when I sit behind my desk.

No comments: