Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hump Day Hunk


Hi, I'm Dante, your hump day hunk. That's right, I'm the best looking of the Terrible Trio. For sure I'm the only normal sized one - I mean, have you seen my brothers lately? Talk about porky!

Maybe if they got off their lazy butts once in awhile and got some exercise they wouldn't be so fat. Me, I like to play chase to stay in shape. Mom and I used to play chase a lot before she got so sick, but we don't play so much any more. That's okay, I don't need someone else to play to have a good time. Firecat spends a lot of money on toys for us, and if all else fails I can always chase ghosts.

Pssst! Wanna know a secret? You can't tell the other guys, but I'm Firecat's favorite. She calls me her wild child 'cause I don't like people picking me up or making a fuss over me. I mean, it's okay if she pats me, but only when I ask and she's good about only using one hand to pat with. Two hands makes me twitchy.

She calls me her muse. Hey, I can live with that. Last year we spent a lot of time together in the recliner while she wrote, especially during this weird NaNoWriMo thing she was doing. This year she's been writing a lot more in her office, but that's okay 'cause she has a box full of papers in the open closet behind her that I can curl up in. It's really comfy. In fact, I think I'll curl up in it right now for a quick nap before supper.

No comments: