Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Working On It

Still haven’t quite managed to get back into the groove. It’s more like I’m running along beside it.

This week I’m adjusting to getting up early again - it’s amazing how quickly I slid back into my old habits of staying up late and sleeping in while I was on holidays - plus school is piling on the work. I’ve got a project due at the end of the week, a quiz tomorrow and an exam on Friday.

I’m rubbing the sleep from my eyes as I type this.

Last night I was all settled in the living room with my trusty lap top to watch Torchwood, only the Space Channel was frozen! Apparently it had been frozen (along with the History Channel, the Comedy Channel, and another one I can’t remember the name of) since the day before. Angry! They’d better have it fixed before next week when the new episodes start! Okay, they need to get it fixed before then, but . . . . Grr!

For those of you who are interested, Panda is doing very well. Except for her daily medication, special food, and twice weekly visits to the vet, she’s pretty much back to normal. Last night while I was trying to get to sleep she instigated a game of chase with a couple of the boys. Right now she’s sitting in the window telling the birds outside exactly what she’d do to them if she was on the other side of the screen. :-)

Monday the husband took her to the vet and she scolded him all the way there. They had to tip the cat carrier to get her out, but then she immediately jumped down off the table and onto the scale. She stood there long enough for them to record her weight and then headed for the door. It was like she’s got the routine down pat and just wants to get it over with.

In honour of Panda I’ll leave you with the following, which was sent to me by my son-in-law.

George Carlin on Cats


1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

WOW you must have a lot of kitty walkers behind your couch! :D