Sunday, September 30, 2007

Happy Medium

I have got to find a happy medium between too much sleep and not enough.

I slept for nine hours yesterday, then kept falling asleep while I was watching T.V. Finally, I picked up a book to read and read until 5 a.m. I think part of the problem was I was getting too comfortable and I wasn't wearing my glasses.

The glasses part sounds a little crazy, doesn't it? Well, my eyes were getting tired and I was too lazy to go get my glasses, so I'd end up closing my eyes and then of course I'd fall asleep.

I actually like my new glasses, I'm just not used to having to wear them all the time. They're lighter and they help me see better, but they don't darken like the old ones. I'm going to have to go back to the eyeglass place and get them to fix that.

Maybe if shake the cotton out of my head I'd get back in writing mode. Maybe. The 70 Days of Sweat ended with a fizzle for me. Didn't add a word to the count I had. It's making me think twice about signing up for the Nanowrimo that's coming up soon. If I couldn't write 60,000 words in 70 days, what makes me think I can write 50,000 in 30 days?

No comments: