Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Julius' Journal

Did you know that cats sleep two thirds of the time while humans only sleep one third of the time? But really, what do you expect? Humans get to go out into the Big Scarey World and do who knows what, but we cats are stuck in the house 24/7. You try staying in one place for your whole life and see how long you can stay awake. I mean, let's face it, you can only chase a cat nip ball for so long before you get bored and have to take a nap. You can't even watch T.V. unless you have opposable thumbs.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't trade being a house cat for any amount of birds I see outside the window. It'd be great to catch a bird, mind you, but I wouldn't want to have to go outside to do it. There's dogs outside. And big metal monsters that take humans away. And sometimes it's wet out there! *shuddder*

Nope, you can keep your great outdoors. But maybe you could talk Firecat into inviting a couple of birds inside . . .

No comments: