Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wide Awake Wednesday

Well, I'm wide awake since my nap, anyway. Can't say I was at my brightest of eye and bushiest of tail this morning though. :-)

I went to see the movie 2012 last night. If this movie doesn't win a bunch of awards for special effects, then there's something wrong with the system. The story itself was a little hokey at times, but the effects more than made up for it.

Woody Harlson had a small part as a crazy man who lived in Yellowstone National Park, and I must say that he makes an excellent loon. Totally believable. LOL

I won't go into any detail - you really need to see it for yourselves. Let's just say that if you have the urge to move before December 21, 2012, your safest bet is the African continent.

* * * * * * * * * *

Does anyone remember all the hoopla surrounding the turn of the century? As the year 2000 approached people started freaking out, claiming the world was going to end.

These claims were backed up by ancient prophecies, like those of Nostradamus, and new prophecies made by modern sooth-sayers. Then 2000 rolled around and nothing happened.

Suddenly it was "Oh, you took our meaning wrong." It wasn't really the end of the world, it was just that many computers and much computerized equipment were expected to have problems when the clock rolled over to 2000.

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time recalling any real disastors that resulted from this. Electrical equipment was updated - disastor averted.

It's always easy to interpret predictions after the even has happened.

Just sayin'.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

I see your word count there! *shakes fist* heehee!