Sunday, November 25, 2007

White Flag

Things I learned from last year’s Nano:
- I need to know the end of my story before I can begin it.
- I need a bare bones outline to follow
- the outline does not need to be carved in stone

What I learned from this year’s Nano:
- ideas do not write themselves
- I suck at contemporary/slice of life
- too much pressure dries the writing up

My writing buddy has the right idea, write at your own speed. It’s time to let the Nano go. I’ll stick with the 70 Days of Sweat, but I’m not going to obsess about it.

1 comment:

graceunderpressure said...

So you're into the 11 nonNano months again? You know it's just a build up for next year... ^_^ ... yes, I'm evil.

I think your path was blocked by the felled trees of your ongoing WIPs. You need to trim them down to size first maybe.

Nano probably works better if you have one story that you're busting to write.