Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What A Pain!

Both literally and figuratively, the past couple of weeks have been a pain.

I started getting a blinding pain in my lower jaw. Although my teeth hurt, it wasn't a toothache - heat and cold didn't affect it, pressure seemed to help. I figured it must have been due to a sinus infection. My doctor said I somehow strained a muscle in the side of my face. Is that even possible?

At any rate, thank you, Chippy, for your advice about using heat on it. I spent a great deal of time with a hot cup of tea pressed against the corner of my jaw, right below the ear. That, plus a bottle of migraine strength Advil, have got me through the last week.

I'm still in the "tearing apart" phase of rearranging my office. How did I ever fit so much stuff in there? One filing cabinet is completely empty, the other is mostly empty. I have filled one garbage bag and one recycling bag and I get the feeling I'll need to go through the files again.

You'll notice those progress bars to the right haven't moved. Yeah. *another big sigh* Writing has been put on the back burner for now. Money has become an issue again so I'm working 55 hour weeks now.

Yes, I know I'm crazy. But this is my life until I win the lottery.

No comments: