Thursday, February 1, 2007

Happy February

Happy first day of February. I don't know what the story is behind it, but my family has always wished each other a happy first day of the month. I'm sure everyone out there has an odd family custom or two. It would be interesting some day to record them all.

My head is filled with thoughts of my novels, but I'm finding little time to write during the week. Although I'm not finding my extended shifts at work too hard to handle at work, they leave me with little energy for anything afterwards. Hopefully, once I get used to the longer hours, things will improve.

The good part is I'm sleeping better at night, the bad news is I dream story ideas. There's one I'd like to get back to about a white lady and a black night. It almost sounds like the title of a book, at least it sticks in my mind that way.

A couple of mornings ago the moon was shining so brightly on the dusting of snow we had overnight that it sparkled like glitter. I thought it was a full moon (5:30 a.m. is pretty dark still) but I was wrong. Tomorrow night is the Full Snow Moon. Also known as the Full Hunger Moon. Hmmmmm, sounds like there might be a story in there somewhere . . . maybe a series of stories . . .

No comments: